On 16/06/07, Michael Sparks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Saturday 16 June 2007 18:13, vijay chopra wrote:
> They don't need to know how a PC works, but I'll bet many couldn't even
> pass an ECDL or CLAIT course (reflecting society as a whole); I wouldn't
> claim to be able to plan a city without some relevant qualifications.

Do we really have to have these kinds of insulting accusations ?

Michael.

How is saying that there are many (possibly most) people in society, could
not pass an ECDL or CLAIT course and this is thus reflected into most
professions and areas of life including the media an "accusation" of any
sort.
It's plain fact, go and visit your local FE college and see howmany grown
adults are on basic IT literacy  courses and struggling. I work in an FE
college library and see these people day in, day out.

Vijay.