On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 18:41 +0100, vijay chopra wrote:
> On 18/06/07, David Woodhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         ACSS decryption code? :)
>
> You mean 13,256,278,887,989,457,651,018,865,901,401,704,640 ?

No, that's just a decryption key. I meant the whole of the software
package which decodes ACSS. Like libdvdcss does for CSS.

It's the CSS situation which highlights just how silly the situation
with DRM is -- the criminals are almost entirely unaffected, and the
only people who are _really_ inconvenienced are the honest consumers who
just want to watch the content to which they're entitled. Honest people
are scared to distribute and use libdvdcss, because they think they
might have legal problems if they do. Obviously the ones who are using
it to break the law anyway don't care about that, so they just go ahead.

> In english that's; thirteen undecillion, two hundred fifty six decillion,
> two hundred seventy eight nonillion, eight hundred eighty seven octillion,
> nine hundred eighty nine septillion, four hundred fifty seven sexillion, six
> hundred fifty one quintillion, eighteen quadrillion, eight hundred sixty
> five trillion, nine hundred one billion, four hundred one million, seven
> hundred four thousand, six hundred forty.

That's American, not English.

> Sure I will, you can't copyright a number, and I'd like to see anyone
> try and sue me for posing one.

We digress.... but I'm dubious about that argument. You can represent
_anything_ with 'just a number'. I could buy a DVD, decrypt it and send
the entire thing to this list in hex form, calling it 'just a number'.
Would that make it OK?

--
dwmw2