Hey all. This list is growing a little quiet, isn't it?

I'm working with a friend on a .Net/C# media centre application. We were
having problems with other similar systems due to either their lack of
decent metadata handling or their dependency on a specific renderer (poor
subtitle rendering, codec problems etc).
I've been working this past weekend on the media library code (business
objects, etc). It's pretty simple stuff. It would, however, be nice to bring
in far more information about each programme or film than is in the file's
own metadata (which is often quite poor).

On to my questions:
Has anyone yet been able to create an API around the BBC Programme
Catalogue? It seems this would be the best data source to use so far.

Other than the BBC data, I've looked briefly into using the IMDB API (3rd
party thing from http://www.trynt.com/trynt-movie-imdb-api/) and the Amazon
API.
Does anyone here have experience and/or advice on this? Should I be
considering other APIs as well? Is there a MusicBrainz-equivalent video
system that could also be used?

thanks in advance

- Jonathan "Squiggle" Powell