________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Butterworth
Sent: 11 July 2007 11:30
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] Links to video/audio for specific shows

Chris,

I agree with your comments.

It would be very useful for there to be a URL-based heiracy for
accessing BBC programmes so they can be linked to, no matter what format
they are in.

For example, you could have URLs for live channel streams, viz:

http://livetv.bbc.co.uk/bbcone
http://livetv.bbc.co.uk/bbc2w

And then for indivusual programmes something like this for indexes...

http://watch.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho
http://watch.bbc.co.uk/eastenders
http://listen.bbc.co.uk/thenowshow

and then individual programmes...

http://watch.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/3/42
http://watch.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/12/4

In my reconing this could then have a iPlayer link, links to clips on
YouTube, BBC streams or whatever.  But it would allow the posting of the
URL on systems such as Wikipedia and would allow programme links to be
posted in Blogs etc.  The page could also provide local schedule
information for non-Internet transmission too, and could also include
purchase information where required.