Does iPlayer contain Silverlight? I've not seen anything to suggest it does.

What the hell does all this matter anyhow, there is no lock in. The tech is
just being used to deliver the content as per spec, which it seems to be
doing. Nothing is stopping the BBC ditching MS products for iPlayer at any
time with a simple (automatically installed?) patch, right?

Seems the anti-DRM protests are misdirected. Why is the yellow jump-suit
brigade talking to the people who actually have the power to change it? The
rights holders. We've seen rights-cleared videos being released without DRM
on bbc.co.uk for years. I don't see anyone hassling Apple - but plenty of
people are hassling record labels, and they have gone on to do something
about it.

iPlayer installation numbers will be tiny compared to Flash installations -
you know YouTube gets many, many more visitors that bbc.co.uk?