Here's a thought... On Sky, and on cable too (right?) there's no channels at
each hundred's -00  (100, 200, 300 etc). Why not do some interactive service
which shows realtime mosaics, just like like CanalSatellite and Astra do in
Europe? That'd be smashing. I've emailed Sky about that in the past and like
hell did they take any notice :D but I think that'd be a genuinely useful
feature, far simple than flicking through an EPG - just skimread the screen
to see if you recognise anything on, or if you see something you might find
interesting? arrow button across to it and there we go. The buttons are
already there on the Sky remotes (and most if not all Freeview remotes,
too).

Another annoyance for me with Sky is that when you're on the Now & Next
banner, you can go up and down to view different channels, but you can only
see what's on next when you're actually *on* the channel. CanalSatellite,
right from the outset, let you see now and next epg info for the channel
you're on AND any channel you flick to on the Now & Next banner (so you
didn't have to change channel to see what would be shown next on another, if
you catch my drift). I emailed Sky about that too, no response.

Anyway, back to my original thought - does anybody think that Sky will EVER
offer the + functionality for free or a one-off payment? It'd kill me to
finally get Sky in my own place and not have Sky+, especially as I had to
put up with my Dad's resistance against getting Sky+ in our house when I was
younger (he still doesn't have it, says installation and box makes it too
expensive). Grr.

  _____