Christopher Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Going back to mosaics, I'm fairly sure Sky could do it because don't they
> have monitor (or at least have the ability to monitor) every channel being
> broadcast at any time from their NOC? The way it's done on CanalSat is the
> mosaic's presented as a full-frame live video stream, and all
> the................
> ...............but can't! Of course, as we all know, broadcast rights is a
> minefield, I can
> only approach this from the logical common-sense point of view, but it still
> seems like a good idea.

Ahh its done at the head end, I was wondering how else you'd do video
previews across several mux's! Now I think about it, I do remember
someone doing something along these lines at my college a few years
ago on a local DVB-C system.

I don't know why Sky would be so against it, after all there are some
services on Sky which use a similar principle for full screen video.
NHS direct for instance is based on a number of quad-split video feeds
which are then enlarged by the set-top box at the user end. Perhaps
its changed now but it was still being done like that in January.