If you were addressing my comments;

> Let's just get this 100% clear: Sky DO NOT OWN THE ASTRA SATELLITES. Sky
Subscriber Services Ltd do provide the encryption systems for the channels
that their card is used for, but they do not own the upload services.

I knew this, they lease space on them just like everybody else. I also know
that the EPG numbers don't correlate with transpoder or PIDs, but surely
that's the whole point... The mosaic, with its pages of different content -
maybe even spread across the transponders to use less bandwidth in one
place, though I'd prefer them in one place (unless boxes can switch
transponders quickly now to avoid that horrible lag - well, it could be
nestled anywhere in Sky's bouquet of channels. They already have enough
channels of that rolling demo, they could axe one of those and use the same
channel's bandwidth if they're *that* desperate capacity-wise (I sorely
doubt they are).

Are you implying that Sky don't actually control a lot of the content which
is broadcast and received via their closed-loop system? If so, that would
seem a bit amateurish on their behalf. Surely they have the power to vet and
withdraw channels in realtime? I've seen occasions where the box has been
unable to lock to a channel, showing the "This channel has a technical
fault" message, and I'm sure that can't just be fully automated.

Surely as the platform provider Sky have a responsibility to monitor all the
content broadcast through their systems (even if they don't own the
satellites and just lease bandwidth)? It would've seemed a bit pointless to
not have the facilities to monitor all the channels being broadcast.

And on the subject of good money, I'd see a mosaic as definite value-added
(possibly persuading me to stay with them a little longer) and they could
tout it as a brand new feature "making Sky easier for everyone" or somesuch
similar... And anyway, what's a PC for the rendering and a few megabits per
second of upstream bandwidth between friends?