On 08/11/2007, Andrew Bowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  ------------------------------
> *From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Brian Butterworth
> On 08/11/2007, Andrew Bowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> >  ------------------------------
> > *From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > *On Behalf Of *Brian Butterworth

> > > used by
> > >
> > > Yes - you can do this with a single regular expression.
> > >
> > > Oh, and your quoting of entire emails takes up a LOT of space and
> > > make's it harder to read.
> >

> > Or you can use Gmail and it sorts it all for you.
> >
> > Sure my employer would love me channeling all my emails through Gmail
> > just so you don't have to sort your quoting out properly ;)
> >

> I'm not sure why *I* should change my email system just to suit someone
> with a legacy system either.
> It's not a rule of the list to do what you are asking, so I feel inclined
> to decline your suggestion.
>
> It's called good nettiquete to consider others when posting to mailing
> lists.  How you do that is entirely up to you and your email provider.

In fact it is not.  RFC 1855 says

"You *may* shorten the message and quote only relevant parts, but be sure
you give proper attribution. "

http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

Please stop making up your own rules and then calling them "netiquette".

Thank you kindly.

--
Please email me back if you need any more help.

Brian Butterworth
www.ukfree.tv