________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Butterworth

________________________________

                        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:
] On Behalf Of Brian Butterworth

                        On 07/11/2007, Noah Slater
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

                                > I thought we were talking about having
short codes which could be used by
                                > something like go.bbc.co.uk/shortcode
where new codes would be added
                                > everytime a new news story (or sport
or whatever) came up.

                                Yes - you can do this with a single
regular expression.

                                Oh, and your quoting of entire emails
takes up a LOT of space and
                                make's it harder to read.

                        Or you can use Gmail and it sorts it all for
you.

                Sure my employer would love me channeling all my emails
through Gmail just so you don't have to sort your quoting out properly
;)

        I'm not sure why *I* should change my email system just to suit
someone with a legacy system either.
        It's not a rule of the list to do what you are asking, so I feel
inclined to decline your suggestion.

It's called good nettiquete to consider others when posting to mailing
lists.  How you do that is entirely up to you and your email provider.