On 05/12/2007, Brendan Quinn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We haven't used a custom license for releasing code yet, and I don't see
> why we should start now...
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/opensource/licensing.shtml

Fair enough, in that case for this project the BSD or Apache licenses make
the most sense as to use. The reason being (as I understand it*) that to use
the GPL would mean that anything written with "Pearl on Rails" would then
have to be licensed using the GPL; this would be grossly unfair to
developers who should be free to license their own software as they see fit.

*If I am wrong on this point please correct me, the 'viral' part of the GPL
has always confused me.

Vijay.