Sorry - ignore this - just seen other posts in this thread that cover this point far better than I can :-)

Matt

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:22:09 -0000, Matt Hammond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

An alternative is to license under both GPL and LGPL - the BBC has done this for other projects in the past.

Dor example, for libraries/frameworks that we would want others to embed into their systems; LGPL allows static linking without requiring the code it links with to also be released under GPL.

Matt