On Dec 30, 2007 2:37 PM, Dave Crossland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's the full comment:
>
> "It's sad to see that Linus Torvalds, one of the leading figures in
> the Free Software movement, doesn't really care for freedom. And it's
> even sadder that he resorts to insults, saying that those who *do*
> care about freedom are "frothing-at-the-mouth".

I suspect this poster is conflating two things: ideology, and the way
it's promoted.

This sentence of Linus's quote:
> "I dislike the frothing-at-the-mouth ideology (to me, ideology should
> be something personal, not something you push on other people)
... is quite valid.

To me, this chapter of the revered sayings of Linus says that people
shoudn't push the freedom idea onto others in a frothing-at-the-mouth
way - not that people shouldn't care about freedom, nor that it's not
a valid point.

But then, you can read his scriptures in a number of different ways...