Sorry to reply to my own post.

Everyone appears to be using a url of the form:
rtmp://217.243.192.52:1935/ondemand?_fcs_vhost=cp41752.edgefcs.net&auth=SECRET_KEY&aifp=v001&slist=STREAM_NAME

But I can't find it *anywhere* in the iPlayer HTML or Javascript.
Can't find it in the XML either.
Is it hidden in the actual flash object itself?
I am a little wary of hardcoding in an IP. What if the BBC decide they
need to switch some machines round and the IP changes?

Also would it be possible to turn On indexing in /iplayer/
particularly /iplayer/metafiles so we can see what data is actually in
there?

Thanks

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath