Dave Crossland wrote:
On 05/01/2008, Fearghas McKay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5 Jan 2008, at 17:38, Dave Crossland wrote:

I think that's the point of the meeting that Ian invited the public
developer community to; I hope you'll go :-)
Whilst that meeting may be convenient for London based developers,
those of us more than an hour or so away will probably find it harder
to just nip in for a meeting. So documentation would be cool - even
under a reasonable NDA.

Perhaps Ian can use his little video camera to record the meeting and
publish it online?

If (or rather when) we do have a meeting about all of this, I would want to record the whole thing and make it available online. I could not imagine having it any other way.

So a little secret which can be revealed for 2008 (I meant to do a email about this and other things over xmas). We have setup a IRC server so we can have text talks with you guys and us in the future. Its not quite ready but I'm hoping to start using more things like IRC, Jabber, Skypecasts, Secondlife, etc to include even more of you no matter where you are.

This doesn't replace face to face but there would be some value in a follow up meeting being done over skypecast and face to face, with video for archiving.

About RTMP. As dave points out this is pretty good - http://osflash.org/documentation/rtmp There are many different people and projects working on this problem. I think in a few weeks this issue will be mainly solved.

Cheers,

Ian