Could be good marketing if they can make it cost effective. How many people
bought HD-DVD anyway... presumably not /that/ many or the format wouldn't
have gone belly up.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Matt Barber
Sent: 22 February 2008 11:58
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] HD-DVD / Blu Ray

I don't know if it would make good business sense, but wouldn't it be
good if Sony came in right now and said 'hey all you HD-DVD deck
buyers - come swap it for a blu-ray deck for free/subsidised price'.
Could even swap it for a PS3, increasing game sales while they were at
it. Don't think the people that bought a shiny new deck to sit under
their TV would want a PS3 instead though.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 22 February 2008 08:03:43 Brian Butterworth wrote:
>  > Is the BBC Shop going to swap defunt HD-DVD for BR versions?
>
>  Why would they (or any shop) do that? It'd perhaps be a nice gesture,
>  but hardly a way to run a business - I'd be really surprised if (for
example)
>  WH Smith offered to do that.
>
>  I don't seem to recall that ever happening with the wreckage from any
other
>  technology war...
>
>  Mind you, this really is the wrong place to ask that question - why don't
you
>  mail them and ask? (they are a commercial entity run seperately from the
>  rest of the BBC after all)
>

>  Michael.
>  -
>  Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe,
please visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
Unofficial list archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk/