Brian Butterworth wrote:

On 01/05/2008, *Martin Belam* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    There is a piece on this in The Guardian today - he makes some
    interesting points but at one stage he suggests that Facebook is a
    closed system, and that nobody can move onto a new social platform
    because all of their friends are there, so Facebook will rule forever.
    I would have thought that explains the massive continued success of
    MySpace and Friends Reunited....oh, hang on a second....

It's interesting the way the Facebook can pull data from other systems (ie, your email contacts list) but has no export. I thought about writing one, I wondered if I would get blocked from doing it...

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6135226994&topic=3088
http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~mrowe/foafgenerator.html

I think you can get a lot of data out, but not emails of your buddys (without screenscraping, per plaxo/scoble fuss earlier this year).

Dan

--
http://danbri.org/