Jonathan,

2008/6/4 Jonathan Hassell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  Tom - good question. I don't have the answer for you immediately but, as
> one of the people behind subtitling online at the BBC, I'll look into this
> for you.

I'm really pleased to hear this.  I've been going on about it for years and
met with reasons why not.

What would be LOVELY would be if the subtitles could be combined with timing
information and then this could be linked to the iPlayer.

So, you could come to Google (or the BBC Search) and enter a phrase you
heard during a programme and not just find the programme and the timing, but
directly link to the actual point in the programme on the iPlayer.

> J.

http://www.ukfree.tv - independent digital television and switchover advice,
since 2002