Having to go fishing for your fish & chips (ok, I'm not very good with
metaphors - big deal ;)

Anyway, Amazon's streaming now, too:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/17/technology/17amazon.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=amazon&st=cse&oref=slogin
"...It will also let users buy a TV show or movie without actually downloading
the video file to the PC's hard drive..."

I believe this is the single viable option, and is true to the
antything-anytime-anywhere-goes potential of the Internet and let's you forget
about vendor lock-in due to DRM.

(P2P-)Downloading is yesterday's beer. How long does it take to get a show with
iPlayer? Are there any numbers comparing the flash version and the iPlayer
client usage?

All the best,
Sebnem

P.S. for the P2P-at-heart among you: I am specualting that Amazon's streaming
makes use of P2P technology (as well as their EC2 and S3:
http://www.allthingsdistributed.com/2007/10/amazons_dynamo.html )

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Sebnem Öztunali

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Intelligent Autonomous Systems
CT IC 6
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 München
Tel.: +49 (89) 636-44127
Fax: +49 (89) 636-41423
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme;
Vorstand: Peter Löscher, Vorsitzender; Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe
Kaeser, Jim Reid-Anderson, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y.
Solmssen; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München; Registergericht: Berlin
Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322