Paul,

2008/7/24 Paul Clifford
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>:

> I sent a reply yesterday, but I think it got stuck in a moderation
> queue.  Firstly, a quick heads-up: the <episode> tag is going away in
> favour of the <programme> tag.  The current feed has both, to ease the
> transition, but <episode> should be gone by Wednesday or Thursday next
> week.

I chose to use <epsiode>!  I'll have to change the tags I'm looking at...  I
think I found the DTD earlier today.

Another thing that would be great would be to have a link to the podcast for
radio content too.  Something like:

<media format="podcast">
  <availability>5 days left to download</availability>
  <expires>2008-07-30T09:32:00+01:00</expires>
  <content>
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fivelive/gethin/gethin_20080719-1110.mp3
</content>
  <feed>http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/fivelive/gethin/rss.xml</feed>
</media>

> We don't have very accurate information about future iPlayer
> availability.  Overall, the average difference between the expected
> and actual start of availability is 3.75 hours.  Looking more closely,
> where the difference is less than 1 day (~95% of the time) the average
> is 2.5 hours, and where it's more than 1 day (~5%) the average is 1.5
> days.  Is that still useful?

That seems like ages...  it is certainly less time for audio I think.

> Information about UK/non-UK availability isn't stored in the PIPs
> database at the moment, so we don't have access to it.  I believe that
> will change in the future, but I'm not sure when.  We also don't have
> any links between iPlayer video and News video, so unfortunately we
> can't point to the latter as an alternative for non-UK users.
> Hopefully that'll change, but I'm not sure if anyone's working on it
> at the moment.

Would be nice to have.  I was thinking of knocking up an interface to the
content for non-UK users, but no definite plans.

--
Please email me back if you need any more help.

Brian Butterworth

http://www.ukfree.tv - independent digital television and switchover advice,
since 2002