A key characteristic of a newspaper is that you can fold it up.
Foldable or rollable screens may yet arrive in the next few years, I
vaguely recall Samsung and Sony showing proof-of-concept and
prototypes the last year.

The Touch Book by Always Innovating is creating buzz, you leave the
keyboard in your bag and pull out the creen to read with. Or stick it
on your refrigerator (this is not a joke).

I like e-reading on the OLPC XO-1 which is small, light, and
ruggedized (it's for kids), twists and folds flat screen out, and in
direct sunlight switches to very high resolution black and white (you
have to read on it outside to believe it). Navigation is by the
joystick buttons although it does take a little getting used to. I own
an EeePC and an Aspire One and they are clunky in comparison (I don't
even consider classic laptops).

Disclaimer: I am a participant in the Sugar Labs project which creates
the software for the XO-1, so I am very biased.

Sean.