I would assume that the rules for content protection would bar user created
plugins from having access to the data. The Ofcom document had some comments
from content providers about updates to the tables being necessary in the
future if it gets broken, but it doesn't look like there are any firm plans
there.

If Freesat is using the same system of Huffman tables then what happened
there? Are the tables public knowledge yet?

  Adam