On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 09:43, Mo McRoberts <m...@nevali.net> wrote:

> As I said, it'll work in a basic generic fashion, but there are many
> many aspects which vary between countries, including the EPG and Red
> Button.

Which doesn't help the consumer at all. If I buy an ATSC TV in the New
York and take it to California it will work perfectly with no extra
effort on the manufacturers part. For Europe, a DVB TV will work at a
basic level and if the manufacturer  puts in extra effort it will work
perfectly - but I'm going to have to pay extra for that perfection.
Now they want to make IPTV even more fragmented for no apparent
reason. I'm failing to see what good is going to come to this.