I agree with you entirely, Paul.

Btw, did folks here see my recent posts to the "gets even better" and scaling
blogs?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2010/09/bbc_iplayer_gets_even_better.html
 - mine are near the bottom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2010/07/scaling_the_bbc_iplayer_to_han.html
 - mine has been the last post on that one for a while.

And who said that a more complex design was more "fun" anyway? Especially when
it breaks usability...