On 1/26/06, Ward... James Ward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have two 1.5T USB RAID arrays separated by 100 meters and a wireless 10M
> connection.  What is the best way to sync them?  rsync consumes all
> available memory and craters the system.  What is the best alternative for
> synching such a huge amount of data?

Is the backup RAID array at least the same size as the original? Your
best bet is probably to use tar + gzip to send the whole raw partition
over the network to the remote machine, but for this to work, you will
need to be able to unmount the primary so that it doesn't change
during the backup (which will take a while over a 10Mbps link).

-Dave