Minor update.  Reading code shows that BackupPC does indeed set the 
environment variable PASSWD.

So, if the samba docs have not changed, does that mean the actual 
running code has not changed?  I'm not convinced, but I have no data at 
this point.  Looking over the 3.0.23 release notes, there are MANY 
changes.  Side effects are perhaps inevitable.

Why it works for a BackupPC full backup, even from the web interface, 
and not for an incremental, even from the command line, is also beyond 
me.  For this reason, I did not create a new bug with the Samba team.

Adding '-v' to the args stack for Backuppc_Dump did not help.  This is 
happening inside Samba.  It looks to be totally outside BackupPC...but 
I'm stumped as to how a full backup would work.

But - I can mount one of these shares in linux, and I can manually "log 
on" using  smbclient at the command line.  Sigh! The mystery deepens.

-Bill

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
BackupPC-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/backuppc-users
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

Reply via email to