Les Stott wrote:

I thought maybe excluding that particular file would help, but exclusions aren't
working well for me.  I tried to exclude like this:
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} =
  ['Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/*'];
And it backed up all 20,000 files in that directory anyway.

Remember though that exclusions are based on directory paths from your client share name.

i.e. if your client smb share is the c drive then full paths of the excludes should be....

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = ['/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/*'];

if you share at a different level then your exclude paths should change accordingly, relative to the share.

The above should be all on one line, i assume its just the mail client that wrapped it to the second line.
In Perl, it shouldn't matter, so long as you don't break the string portion, right?

However if you do split the
lines then try the syntax like so....

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
       ['/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/*'],      # these are for 'c' share
    };
The above is providing a hash of a string arrays (where there is only one string in the array), which is a different construct and has different semantics.  The docs say if you provide multiple shares, you can also give multiple exclusion arrays this way that match the share names (in the order declared?).

Thanks Les,  I'll try putting a leading '/' on my excludes.  I am using a full C-drive share, so I figured a relative path would work fine.  Maybe they need to be rooted with a leading slash?  I also didn't know you could use multiple wildcards.  I'll have to try that too.

Thanks,
JH