scartomail wrote:
> Hy Evryone,
>
> Let say I got this in my rsyncd.conf on my windows box:
> [Foto]
>     path = E:/FOTO
>
> Is there anyway to add more directory's to the path variable?
It wouldn't make much sense to do that, because multiple paths would
then need to be "merged" as a single view when requesting files from
rsyncd.  If you add multiple shares to rsyncd.conf on the client, ie:
[Foto]
    path = E:/FOTO

[MorePaths]
    path = E:/MORE

[Others]
    path = C:/OTHERS

Then you can have the BackupPC per-machine config file for this machine
list multiple shares to connect to and backup.

> I do know how to do it with more of these "directivs" and edit the
> *.pl file on the server.
> But I was just wondering if it could be done just by the client.
However, there is another way to do it only on the client...  Search for
the term 'junction point' and look for the utility from SysInternals
that will create them for you (some restrictions on file systems and OS
versions, I think).  This basically allows you to create an empty
subdirectory in Windows, then make a symbolic link from another
drive/path to this empty directory.  It's a kind of hacky version of
symbolic links ala unix.  But it means you can just mount additional
files and directories inside your existing share without changing
anything on the server or even the client's rsyncd.conf.  I would be
careful not to create directory structure loops, or all hell breaks
loose.  :-)

JH