Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom escreveu:
On 12/19 07:17 , Filipe wrote:
Using Backuppc (debian) successfully in my company for about 5 months, backing up 6 winXX shares using samba.
The machine is a simple Pentium 4 with a 40GB HD that is getting full.
Already ordered a 250GB ata100 hd. but I'm not sure what to do...
should I use the 250Gb for the data only, or just replace the hd's using ghost?!

move the contents of /var/lib/backuppc (or whereever your data pool is) to
the new drive, and then mount the new drive on /var/lib/backuppc. It's a
very good idea to have your data on a separate drive from the OS. At the
very least, use a separate partition on disk.
also, I would suggest using LVM on the data partition/disk. this will allow
you to add space much more easily in the future; or move your data to
another disk.

the error when archiving was this

Error: /usr/bin/par2 is not an executable program
Archive failed: Error: /usr/bin/par2 is not an executable program

resolved with apt-get install par2.

now I can make archives.... it was more easy than I thought...
The problem is that I use windows on desktop and the options to archive are
only gzip or bzip2. what is the better one for me?
and what is that parity option? I tested once and it created some .par2 files...

for now, I will only need to archive to dvd... don't know if I could use the
DAT 24 that is on a unix machine for this... it would be nice...