On 9/19/07, Tony Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Attached are the files you requested.  The BackupPC server was running 2
> long running backups when I took these. In addition to the screenshots
> you requested, I added a screenshot from the web console of BackupPC.

>From your screenshots, the web server CPU/disk utilization is not an
issue, vmstat is showing it to be near idle.

Your backup server is showing about 22% waiting on disk IO, how many
processors and what type of disk/filesystem is your backuppc data
partition on?

If your backuppc data partition isn't mounted with noatime, that's one
of the first things I'd do (but isn't likely to make a huge
difference). It also appears that you aren't using the checksum-seed
rsync option, you should enable that as well.

> I attempted counting the number of files being backed up by selecting
> data from a SQL server that contains information about most of the
> files.  The most reasonable ballpark I can give you is between 275k and
> 300k files.  If a it's better, I'll run a 'find /ha -type f | wc -l'
> during the off hours tonight, unless you can suggest a better command.

Not too many files. How much new data is being backed up each day? You
can get file counts and sizes of full/incr backups by looking at the
hosts's summary page under "File Size/Count Reuse Summary"

-Dave