On 10/08 09:14 , [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Is it possible to have your opinion or the pros and cons about XferMethod
> (between Linux server and Windows clients) ?

In all but some unusual cases, use rsync. Most files on a computer don't
change; so transferring only the changed ones is the sensible thing to do.
Most of the Windows workstations I back up; take <10 minutes; and most of
the time is spent just figuring out what files have changed. If those
backups were done with tar, they would take .5-1.5hr in most cases, to
transfer all the files.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator