On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 09:23:15AM -0500, Arch Willingham wrote:
> I have been using Backup PC for several month now and love it. I use it as a
> back up to our Backup Exec. It is one heck of a lot easier to restore
> something with Backup PC than it is the Windows product.
>
> Anyway, my question is that even though we are supposed to tote tapes off
> site, there are times I am sure it does not happen. Has anyone ever used
> Backup PC to backup a site from off site? With cable access being fairly fast
> and disk space being cheap, I thought it would be a good use of bandwidth to
> backup at night from my house. Would it make sense backup the internal backup
> PC with the offsite backup PC? Are thee any tricks to be aware of? Is it
> better to come in via a VPN connection or open the router and allow that ssh
> thing?

I've been playing around with the same idea, but I think it's not going
to work out if you don't have a very fast internet connection or don't
have that much data.

Other than that, it appears you can't only sync the changes home,
because of the way BackupPC stores the backup you need to make an archive
from your backups, which is potentially a lot of data.

--
@lex