-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nils
Breunese (Lemonbit)
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 3:24 AM
To: backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Compress Zlib problem

Brad Triem wrote:

> I've seen a couple of threads regarding this topic suggesting for
> the most
> part installing the RPM's via dag weirs or ATRPMs.  I've got RHEL5 and
> backuppc 3.0 and 3.1.  I did a system update in November and it
> upgraded
> perl from 5.8.7 to 5.8.8.  Since then I have a couple systems that
> refuse
> to recognize that Compress Zlib exists.  Perldoc sees it, but BackupPC
> does not. I have gone through all of the suggestions to resolve this
> problem from the two threads I read, even deleted the perl
> modules(some
> were installed via cpan), and re-installed them using the packages
> from
> Dag Weirs.  I've downloaded and compiled from source...
>
> Any suggestions that don't include reinstalling the OS?  Thank you!

We're running BackupPC 3.1.0 on CentOS 4 (RHEL 4 clone) and all Perl
modules from Dag Wieers. What does 'rpm -q perl-Compress-Zlib' say? I
get:

        # rpm -q perl-Compress-Zlib
        perl-Compress-Zlib-2.008-1.el4.rf

If you've also used CPAN and ATrpms packages, then you might have
ended up with a bit of a mess... Are you sure you removed those
correctly and only have Dag's version installed right now?

Nils Breunese.