2009/4/2 Jeffrey J. Kosowsky <backu...@kosowsky.org>

> In general, your comments in fact have been very helpful in that you
> are pointing out details that I didn't realize were non-obvious or
> non-standard. For example, I wouldn't have remembered to think of ssh
> server as a requirement. So, feel free to keep sending me comments and
> questions - and I will add them to my comments at the head of the
> script.

First couple of lines:

# Shadowmountrsync
# Copyright Jeffrey J. Kosowsky December 2008
# Version 0.3.3 (April 2009)

Copyright?  By default I think that means Copyright all rights reserved, you
aren't legally allowing others to modify and redistribute it.  Since you
posted an earlier version to sourceforge, shouldn't it have a GPL version 2
or 3 or something?

The subject of the thread is "Fully automated script for creating shadow
copies and launching rsyncd."  Perhaps someone could package it like cwrsync
and add a GUI configuration to it, then it would be closer to fully
automatic installation.  And that brings up the question what might be the
best way to create a automatic install and GUI config tool?

Thanks,
Chuck