Not a real answer to your question on instructing BPC to ignore „file has
vanished errors“ but I have two suggestions on avoiding this error:

- You can exclude the directories with the often altered PHP files. For me this
sounds like a machine of a WEB developer constantly editing PHP files. In this
case the source is probably already „backed up“ by a versioning control system
(git, mercurial, whatever…)
- You can use snapshots, whether they are LVM based or even easier ZFS based.
You can create and remove the snapshots with SSH commands in your PRE and POST
backup scripts for the client.

The error comes from RSYNC itself I think. I don’t think there is an option for
rsync to ignore these „vanished files“ errors. And honestly I don’t even think
it’s a good idea to ignore them.