Hi,
Just trying to harden security. My concern is if someone had physical access to
backuppc server they could easily logon as backuppc user by resetting the
password and therefore gain access to the ssh keys. Now I see it is possible to
put the ssh keys in an encrypted private directory (See
EncryptedPrivateDirectory - Community Help Wiki). This would mean that even if
someone could reset the password and logon as backuppc they wouldn't have
access to the keys.
Has anyone done this or would recommend this way or got any other suggestions?
|   |
| EncryptedPrivateDirectory - Community Help WikiPlease refer to
EncryptedFilesystems for further documentation. See EncryptedHome for details
of encrypting your whole home directory rather than a sub-directory as
described here.  |
|  |
| View on help.ubuntu.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |