From: backu...@kosowsky.org <backu...@kosowsky.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2022 8:44 AM
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support
<backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Lost linux file ownership on restore

Paul Fox wrote at about 15:52:07 -0500 on Wednesday, November 16, 2022:
 > backu...@kosowsky.org wrote:
 >  > 'backuppcfs' is a (read-only) FUSE fileystem that allows you to see
 >  > the contents/ownership/perms/dates/Xattrs etc. of any file in your
 >  > backup.
 >  >
 >  > It is great for troubleshooting as well as for partial restores...
 >
 > Are you referring to the version that Craig attached to this list
 > message in June 2017?  Or is there a later version?
 >
 > (Not that I don't trust Craig to have gotten the v4 support right the
 > first time.  :-)
 >
 >   https://sourceforge.net/p/backuppc/mailman/message/35899426/
 >
 > paul
 > =----------------------
 > paul fox, p...@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 41.7 degrees)

I believe a later version was posted and is indeed necessary for v4
since:
- The notion of how incrementals are constructed from fulls has been
  inverted
- The format of the attrib files has changed extensively
- The pool hierarchy, naming convention, and storage format have
  changed
- Xattrs are now supported

Look through the archives... it was posted since v4 somewhere...