Hello,

viktorija wrote:

Hello,
Now am trying to plan my backup strategy. I have about 1TB data and in server i
have 5 harddrives (200Gb), now they are configured as RAID-stripe. But it is
not good, because if one of hard will die then i will loose all my backups, so
i want to configure these 5 drives as different types, but how can i say to
bacula use next drive if previous is full? Please give me some links, or some
point how to do it. Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

Sounds like it would be best if you set up your hard drives as RAID5 - when one disk dies you lose nothing. The need for additional space might be a problem, of course, but when you want to backup 1TB now and have 1TB room you will probably be in the same situation soon anyway.

So, I'd suggest buying more disks. Or a tape drive :-) I like tape drives. I like to sell tape drives ;-)

Or you can try the following ideas.
Set up five storage devices, each using one disk. Set up your schedules to use disk 1 on monday, 2 on tuesday, etc.

Put the different clients or filesets to different disks.

Create a setup where each disk holds a volume in one storage device. I guess you could create five volumes (with a fixed maximum size), move the files to a disk each, and symlink them back to baculas storage directory.

Personally, I'd use the last approach - if it works reliably. This would give you the best flexibility in your setup (because you could also create 5 or 15 or ... volumes) and adding more volumes is possible.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]