On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 11:24 -0500, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
> So if volume 31 is marked as purged and it is day 1 after a 30-day month, I
> will get volume 31 anyway?  Is there no way around it?

Correct.  Bacula cares not about the name of the file, just when it
expires and is ready for recycling.

I've found that it is best to not try and manage the volumes myself and
be cute or logical about it, rather let Bacula do what it does as it is
logical enough and does the right thing.  You should file an RFE or add
your thoughts to perhaps an existing RFE to do backup migrations, where
a backup happens to disk then you can select this backup to 'migrate' or
copy to tape for offsite storage.

--
Jesse Keating
GameHouse -- Systems Engineer