Hi,
I use a pool with 6 tapes for weekly full backup, each full backup needs 3
tapes. Retention worked fine for the last few weeks, the expected volumes
were used (volume retention 9 days, week 1 volume Bang1/2/3, week 2 volume
Bang3/4/5...). Today I got the notification about the upcoming jobs this
weekend:
Full 11-Mär-06 19:00 Bang Bang5-2006-02-08
Full 11-Mär-06 19:50 BackupCatalog Bang5-2006-02-08
I was suprised that volume Bang5 should be used as first tape. I changed
the state of the other volumes (4/6) with bconsole to Recycle, but bacula
still wants volume Bang5 as first tape. This is the output from 'list
volumes' (removed some fields to better fit the page).
+----------------+---------+--------------+-----+----+-------------------+
|volumename |volstatus|volbytes |files|recy|lastwritten |
+----------------+---------+--------------+-----+----+-------------------+
|Bang1-2006-02-08|Full |66,393,748,936| 67 | 1 |2006-02-25 22:48:14|
|Bang2-2006-02-08|Purged |66,509,741,779| 67 | 1 |2006-02-26 01:47:09|
|Bang3-2006-02-08|Purged |60,504,889,661| 62 | 1 |2006-02-26 11:05:01|
|Bang4-2006-02-08|Recycle |66,846,623,315| 67 | 1 |2006-02-18 22:47:03|
|Bang5-2006-02-08|Recycle | 1| 0 | 1 |2006-02-19 01:41:36|
|Bang6-2006-02-08|Recycle |66,418,086,144| 68 | 1 |2006-02-19 11:13:43|
+----------------+---------+--------------+-----+----+-------------------+
I'm confused by this output, because Bang5 was the second tape of three
tapes that were used for the full backup three weeks ago. I don't know why
volbytes/files show these values.
Looking at the volume state with llist, reports 1970-01-01 01:00:00 as
firstwritten date.
mediaid: 5
volumename: Bang5-2006-02-08
slot: 5
poolid: 1
mediatype: AIT-2
firstwritten: 1970-01-01 01:00:00
lastwritten: 2006-02-19 01:41:36
labeldate: 2006-02-18 19:30:03
voljobs: 0
volfiles: 0
volblocks: 0
volmounts: 1
volbytes: 1
volerrors: 0
volwrites: 1,031,691
volcapacitybytes: 0
volstatus: Recycle
recycle: 1
volretention: 777,600
voluseduration: 172,800
maxvoljobs: 0
maxvolfiles: 0
maxvolbytes: 0
inchanger: 1
endfile: 66
endblock: 8,689
volparts: 0
labeltype: 0
storageid: 2
There is one other tape used for a second client that reports this date
too. I checked the syslog entries, but couldn't find anything obvious. The
time entries between 2006-02-18 and 2006-02-19 are all ok.
Any ideas why bacula reports this wrong date?
Ralf
-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users