Hi,

On 3/10/2006 7:55 PM, Lucas Di Pentima wrote:
Hi people!

I'm starting to test bacula with a DVD-based storage, version 1.38.5

I did spend quite some time getting DVD backups to work some months ago.

In the end, I got a running system requiring lots of manual intervention. That was with 1.37.something.

After that, I didn't see a working DVD backup here on my test system, but I also didn't actually work on it.

...
After correcting some permission issues I was able to start a Full
Backup Job (1.8 GB in total, tested in tape), bacula made the first
800MB part, and writed it on the DVD+R disc. After that, the backup job
was cancelled with this error message:

...
13-mar 09:36 cordoba-sd: Remaining free space 4,689,887,232 on
"DVD-Writer" (/dev/hdc)
13-mar 09:36 cordoba-sd: BackupCordoba.2006-03-13_09.25.31 Fatal error:
block.c:804 Unable to open device next part "DVD-Writer" (/dev/hdc):
ERR=Could not mount device "DVD-Writer" (/dev/hdc).

Yes, that's the same thing I see.

I consider this a bug in Bacula, probably the SD, and I would recommend to report this via bugs.bacula.org.

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be much work done on DVD writing in the near future...

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Arno Lehmann                  http://www.its-lehmann.de


-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users

Reply via email to