It would not appear as if this patch patches the specfile I was expecting it to patch. What specfile version is this patch for? I tried it against 1.38.5-2 which supports RHEL4, but apparently this patch does not work with it. I could adapt it I suppose, but I'm curious what the base was.

---- _  _ _  _ ___  _  _  _
|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | | Ryan Novosielski - User Support Spec. III
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _| | [EMAIL PROTECTED] - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent.| IST/AST - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630

Mindaugas wrote:
  - I think "BuildRequires: glibc-devel" can be removed because anyway
    on both RHEL3 and RHEL4 gcc requires glibc-devel to be installed.
    Why to make .spec file too complicated?
That is possible but without knowing the requires on all possible cases
I prefer to explicitly state the requirements to build.

  OK. And I added also gcc-g++ to BuildRequires. I already explained that
without it installed rpmbuild fails with non obvious error messages.

  - What for is "BuildRequires: ORBit-devel" for rh7? Since anyway later
it
    is noted that now gconsole is only available for Gnome2?
Kern can perhaps comment, but without double-checking I believe the file
daemon may use CORBA technology and requires ORBit. If not it was
probably an oversight to leave it in.

  Kern already commented and I dropped this line from .spec file altogether.
rh7 build now implies gconsole=0.

  - Current patch reverts default build behaviour to not build gconsole.
    To retain current behaviour maybe nobuild_gconsole define would be
more
    reasonable.
Yes, from a standpoint of building packages for distribution a nobuild
default would be better.

  Done. Please apply the attached patch.

  To build without gconsole define nobuild_gconsole in rpmbuild. For the
test successfully
built bacula without gconsole on centos4-i386 and centos4-x86_64.

  Mindaugas