On Tuesday 04 July 2006 17:38, Niels Huylebroeck wrote:
> 2.6.5-1.358
> Running on FC2.

Are you sure it is not FC3?  I'm surprised that you could find a 2.6 kernel
for FC2.

> I thought 2.6 kernels in general were not influenced by that Red-Hat TLS
> library bug ?

I thought so too, but you are running on a pretty old system that normally has
a 2.4.x kernel, so maybe there is still some incorrect interaction
with /lib/tls.

The traceback looks suspiciously like the old /lib/tls problem, but there
could be other bug/problem.  So far on 1.38.11 no one has reported any
deadlocks.

I'd recommend that you use the environment variable workaround in your Bacula
executions (all of them) as documented in the manual (I would hesitate to
simply rename /lib/tls with a 2.6 kernel).  The workaround used to be a
standard part of the scripts, but I may have removed them recently, and if
you still find them in the start scripts, they are keyed on 2.4 kernels, so
you will need to change that so that the variable is always set.

> Hope I didn't screw up here :D

If you built the kernel yourself, that would explain the problems, because you
also need the /lib/tls that goes with 2.6 kernels and not the one that is
backported by RH for 2.4 kernels.

If you took a 2.6 kernel for your system prepared by Fedora, then it is most
likely Fedora/RedHat that screwed up ...  or you also need to update whatever
package installs the correct /lib/tls.