On Tuesday 04 July 2006 18:17, Niels Huylebroeck wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > Are you sure it is not FC3?  I'm surprised that you could find a 2.6
> > kernel for FC2.
>
> I did an up2date / yum I think. That's where the kernel should come from.
>
> > I thought so too, but you are running on a pretty old system that
> > normally has a 2.4.x kernel, so maybe there is still some incorrect
> > interaction with /lib/tls.
>
> I thought the whole point about 2.6 was that all the /lib/tls
> dependencies were gone cause they were compiled inside kernel ?

Yes, I think you are right.  However, RedHat kept /lib/tls around even with
2.6 kernels through FC4.  /lib/tls still exists in FC5, but it is empty.

After thinking about it, I would recommend that you just change the name
to /lib/broken-tls and see what happens.  That is what I did here with 2.4
kernels and it resolved all the problems.

I never saw any of the /lib/tls problems with Fedora systems FC4 or FC5 where
the kernel was 2.6 by default.