> Hi,
>
> On 10/26/2006 3:13 AM, Greg Little wrote:
>> Thanks for the patch, I implemented the changes and set the tapes back
>> to nst0 Now I am getting:
>>
>> waiting for a mount request
>>
>> so I do a mount, get:
>>
>> 3001 OK mount. Device="LTO-2" (/dev/nst0)
>>
>> But it just sits at the waiting for mount request. This is where I
>> usually try umount/mount, and then get the BLOCKED media.
>
> Is it possible that the tape Bacula requests is not in the autochanger?
> You should have an operator mail requesting a certain tape. Make sure
> you insert a tape from the pool required, and make sure you inform
> Bacula of the tape change, i.e. issue an 'update slots' command.
>

>> So if I upgrade to 1.39.26, am I going to have to dump my database and
>> then import it back in?
>
> No.
>
>> I thought that there are a lot of changes
>> between 38 and 39
>
> Yes.
>
>> so I am not sure if I am going to be able to move up,
>> and I have a bunch of old backups from 38 that I don't want to lose.
>
> You won't lose any backups when you follow the documented upgrade path:
> Install new Bacula version, run catalog upgrade script, start Bacula,
> try if everythin works, if it doesn't restore your old version, your
> catalog, and report a bug.
>
> BTW: I would not recommend 1.39 for production use yet as I see some
> issues I find hard to analyze. For example, the DIR seems to have a
> serious memory leak in certain situations,

Can you explain the above as I don't have any credible reports of memory
leaks in the Director (but *possibly* in the tray monitor) -- i.e. there
are no open bug reports as of the beginning of my vacation.

> and the SD sometimes blocks
> waiting for jobs tapes without any possible way of getting it to
> continue...

I'd also like more information on this, unless you are referring to the
bug report open on this which is triggered by "Always Open=no".

And I agree with you that 1.39, is not yet ready for critical production.

>> Is there an upgrade from 38 to 39 doc? I looked and couldn't find one.
>
> The ReleaseNotes file, and IIRC there is some documentation of the
> catalog upgrade scripts.
>
> Arno
>
> --
> IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Arno Lehmann                  http://www.its-lehmann.de

Best regards, Kern