On Wednesday 17 January 2007 14:27, Davide Bolcioni wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 January 2007 5:10 pm, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>
> > One of the first and most difficult problems is what should it be called?
> > bconsole is already used,  some of the ideas I have come up with are:
> >
> >  bcon
> >  beacon
> >  badmin
>
> The names above, and others such as bat and bacon, IMHO are too short for a
> tool which is not used frequently and, by its nature, might end up being
> launched mostly from a menu.

Hey, oh.  I can admit that it might be launched from a menu, but on my system,

  ./gconsole

it probably the most frequently issued command.

> Something like
>
>   bacula-gui
>   bacula-admin-gui
>
> would be also be easy for shell users, provided tab completion is being
used;
> mixed case would be problematic, however, especially at the beginning.
>
> > badmin is a GUI project to create a Bacula Administrative Console.
> >
> > This console should be capable of the following things:
> >
> > - graphical creation of FileSets
>
> How would it deal with inclusion of lists ? The current bacula syntax is
> conveniently flexible in this regard.

Yes, but what *I* would like is a tree like thing that shows me what files I
have included on any particular system.  I can then simply check directories
at the the top of the tree and get everything or walk down the tree and
include/exclude what I want.  This might not be one of the first features,
but once we have a nice graphical interface, all sorts of "standard" things
like this that already exist with other commercial backup products in the
Microsoft world (well some have it on Unix too) will become possible in the
Bacula world.