James Harper wrote:
> Is it just me, or did the list just duplicate about 20 emails from a few
> days ago?

I've experienced this too, and they were definitely duplicates, but it
wasn't isolated to the bacula-users list. Some of the messages had
originated from my own net and never left the building. There were 50 or
60 duplicate messages with date time stamps spanning a couple of days.

Upon examining full headers of two identical messages, it appeared to be
some sort of snafu between my client and my server. Messages I had
downloaded and that should have been tagged as downloaded somehow got
downloaded again. Although the original headers and message-id (set by
sendmail on the server) were identical, and the date time stamp was
identical, the X-UIDL was different. I believe X-UIDL is written by
Thunderbird, since it is sandwiched between X-Account-Key and
X-Mozilla-Status in the headers.

So, I am convinced that this was a network communication error or a
Thunderbird bug, although I would certainly grant that there are other
potential causes for this sort of thing. The fact that other people on
the bacula-users list did not experience the same thing, and that I had
messages duplicated that were totally isolated within my own net, makes
it clear that it had nothing to do with the bacula-users list.

So the same would apply to Mr. Harper. It's just a coincidence that it
happened to both of us, but maybe that says something about the
occasional frequency of this sort of problem. I can remember it
happening once or twice in the past to me.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
 (*) \(*) -- 140 Morrill Science Center