Hi Lonny,

client fd,conf file does not have any place where the server ip or name is
defined.It justs has the name of the director, which I believe has nothing
to do with the access. I do however remeber while installing the client it
did asked for the the server name, and I gave FQDN there. My host file on
both the systems don't have the server IP, but the older one is somehow
pinging the server with just the hostname, while the new machine needs a
FQDN to ping.

Regards

On 3/28/07, Lonny Selinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to add a windowes XP client to my backup infrastructure. I
> already have one, but when i tried to add the second with exact same
> configuration, I recieve the following errors where tracfire is the
bacula
> server, when i run the job.
>
> 28-Mar 12:53 syru156-51-fd: client051-Windows-Job.2007-03-28_14.15.25Fatal
> error: Failed to connect to Storage daemon: tracfire:10103
> 28-Mar 12:53 syru156-51-fd: client051-Windows-Job.2007-03-28_14.15.25Error:
> ../../lib/bnet.c:779 gethostbyname() for host "tracfire" failed:
> ERR=Authoritative answer for host not found.
> 28-Mar 14:15 tracfire-dir: client051-Windows-Job.2007-03-28_14.15.25Fatal
> error: Socket error on Storage command: ERR=No data available

This looks like a DNS or hosts file issue. Are you using FQDNs? does
everything resolve from both sides and if you do a lookup for your
director's
IP for the new XP machine?

> Shouldn't be anytthing to do with the server side configuration, as I
have
> three unix and one windows XP cleint alredy running the same
configuration.
> The new windows client has xactly the same configuration apart from the
ip's
> ofcourse. Can anyone please point me to what I should be looking at?
>

> Regards

"To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Windows
box,
you just need to work ON it."