Michael Nelson wrote:
> I find that the overall throughput for my gigabit-connected LTO-3
> jukebox seems to depend more on the makeup of the files being backed up
> than anything.

Sorry, but that is confusing language, and could be misinterpreted easily.

What I should have said is that the LTO-3 jukebox (Quantum SuperLoader3)
is directly connected via a dedicated Adaptec 39160 scsi HA to one of
the IBM x336 servers.  That server has a separate hw RAID controller for
the hard drives, and does nothing but host the jukebox and run bacula to
do the backups of the other servers.

The servers being backed up are all interconnected via a private gigabit
lan that is used only for backups (each server has two gigabit nics, one
for internet and one for the pvt backup network).  They are all in the
same rack and all connected to the same switch.

I hope that's more clear. ;-)

believed to be clean.