Hello,

On 5/29/2007 11:44 AM, Steen wrote:
> Mandag 28 maj 2007 13:44 skrev Arno Lehmann:
>> To clarify things a bit:
>>
>> Currently, I only plan to manage the feature requests and the voting
>> process.
>>
>> For that purpose, I'm looking for a solution to collect and present
>> feature requests, preferrably in the format they are in now (i.e.
>> Description, detailed notes, status and people working on it). The
>> voting functionality should be included, so that, for each voting
>> period, any (registered) user can vote for a number of features, can
>> assign weights to the votes, and the solution adds the votes up correctly.
>>
>> I'm not too eager to install a complete CMS plus add-ons, or bugzilla,
>> or something similarly oversized. As of now, I don't see an out-of-the
>> box solution, and I think that creating a tailored voting solution would
>> not be unrealistic, but I'm still open for suggestions.
>>
>> Arno
>
> I have a plone server - I have no experience with the polling/voting
> products,
> but there are a few:

Thanks for the suggestions!

> http://www.contentmanagementsoftware.info/plone/PlonePopoll

This one allows users to vote for an answer out of a prepared list. For
us, that would meant that I'd have to prepare a list of all feature
requests for the voting, each user could only vote for one feature, and
weigthed votes would not be possible.

> http://plone.org/products/rating-engine

No released files, and no usable example. The description sounds good,
though.

> http://www.contentmanagementsoftware.info/plone/usability-issue-tracker
> and more:
> http://plone.org/products/by-category/poll

Hmmm... I found ploneSurvey, but there is no usable documentation.

> It is normally quite easy to install a product, and also very easy to add a
> new site to the server and do some minor adaptations to the looks - clolour,
> logo etc
>
> So asuming that there will not be heavy traffic I could host the list if you
> should favour that - only I'm in the process of upgrading the server - so it
> will only be possible to go into production some weeks from now

That would not be a problem, I think... would you be willing to install
the rating-engine plugin for testing purposes?

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]